Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Packing list

“When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.”

Susan Heller


The following were my packing list for my 101 days trip to Europe

T-shirts (3 T-backs, 3-with sleeves, 1-sleeveless, 1-long sleeve,1 tube top??, 1-spaghetti strap??,1-halter top??,...)
underwears (16-disposable, 7-reusable)
3-bras
4-dresses for daywear
2-dresses for clubbing
2-jeans
2-short pants
1-jogging pant
1-legging
1-mini skirt
1-sport bra
1-long pants for sleeping
1-short pant for sleeping (in case its hot ;)
2-fleece jackets
1-knitwear
1-bikini
1-belt
2-towels
1-small towel
1-beach blanket

sport shoes
walking shoes
3 inch heels
flip flop
shoe deodorant
2- socks

adapter
camera (charger, all sort of cords that come with it)
handphone (extra battery, charger, ear-plug)
pens
notepad
sudoku puzzles

shampoo
conditioner
leave-on conditioner
shower foam
facial cleaser
toner
mosturiser
facial cottons
wet wipes
tissue papers
lotion (1-150ml, 1 miniature bottle)
sunblock
shades
goggles
deodorant
2-lipbalm
40-pads
tampons (1 box)
90-panty liners
hair spray

shopping bag
bag for going to beach
bag for daily travel
plastic bags (for wet clothing)

lenses
lense solution (1- 350ml, 2- 150ml)
3-lense cases
spectacles

nail clipper
cotton buds
disposable tooth pick with floss tip
2-sewing kits
shaver/razor
limited makeup - eye liner, mascara, lipstick, eye shadows palate, blusher, makeup remover
limited accesories - earrings, necklace
medication/first aid - plasters, tiger balm, nose rub, oilment, pills
biscuits/snack

sleeping bag
blanket from Ikea

All these I carried in my backpack and daypack. My load was damn heavy. Everthing is so excessive. As days pass by the toilettries become lighter making room for more souviner and maps. I was comtemplating sending a parcel back in Budapest. I had it packed in the post office but decided against it when I found out the price. Eventually I carry the box all the way to Salzburg and then Zurich before sending it back home.

On day 5, I was reading a Lonely Planet (or whatever) guide on RTW trip and read in the preparation section roughly the following statement:

The less you carry, the less for you to look after, the less for you to guard against lost/theft

How I wish I read it before I set out or someeone would actually check out my luggage and advise me to carry less stuff. Moral of the story: Please get expert advise when it comes to packing.


“If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears.” 

Glenn Clark



P/S: I
think this is not the complete list

No comments:

Post a Comment