Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fox Glacier Walk

I took the Nimble Fox: All Day Glacier Walk with Fox Guide. I signed up for a day before my walk online at NZD 165. The price also includes the use of jacket, gloves, stocking, crampons and hiking boots. Unfortunately lunch was not included and you have to bring your own lunch box. Nevertheless the experience was well worth the price. 

The company offers a variety of package including
  • Half Day Guided Glacier Walks - a suitable family activity
  • All Day Guided walks for the more adventurous
  • Thrilling helicopter flights to and from a more remote part of the glacier on Guided Heli-hikes
  • Gentle, informative Valley Guided Walks to the dynamic glacier face
  • Day Heli-Treks Overnight Alpine Trekking high above Fox Glacier with superb views of NZ's highest peaks
  • Ice climbing Adventures - expert instruction, small groups, Heli-ice climbing options

First we started hiking to the starting point, then when we reached we put on out crampons. 



First sight

What you will see


Waterfall




The valley




What you will see


What you will see

What you will see


What you will see


What you will see

What you will see

My hiking mates



My Guide Johnny took very good care of me.

My favourite blogger also wrote about glacier hiking but in Franz Josep. Click here.

1 comment: